starting strength gym

Thread: Weight gain and a tall young male

Default Weight gain and a tall young male

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A serious question for Rip:
    A 19-year-old, athletic built, healthy male standing at 2m tall (6f, 6") is starting off his novice progression with about 5 years in competitive handball weighing 220 pounds while pretty lean. How much weight should he gain and what should/could the process look like in approx 6 months given that he actually does the program? Thanks.

But the answer is 462.35lb and 2oz. in about 3 years fiddy

I have read "A Clarification" quite a few times and I really appreciate the information. For the sake of curiosity, it would have been interesting/fun to see what your recommendations could be. If the guy wanted to compete in the USSF, in what weightless would he belong given that he would be reasonably competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by malt2113 View Post
    I have read "A Clarification" quite a few times and I really appreciate the information. For the sake of curiosity, it would have been interesting/fun to see what your recommendations could be. If the guy wanted to compete in the USSF, in what weightless would he belong given that he would be reasonably competitive?
    If you are 6'6 and want to be competitive (at a high level) you are going to be a heavyweight.