starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Method Expectations

Default Texas Method Expectations

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Having exhausted my LP I'll be switching to TM. I was wondering what my expectations should be after a year of TM? Could anyone share their progress using TM? I heard Mark Rippetoe saying it should take your squat from 140kgx3x5 to 180kgx3x5 in a year with a 24lbs weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by UKbrah View Post
    Having exhausted my LP I'll be switching to TM. I was wondering what my expectations should be after a year of TM? Could anyone share their progress using TM? I heard Mark Rippetoe saying it should take your squat from 140kgx3x5 to 180kgx3x5 in a year with a 24lbs weight gain.
    You don't think Rip has more experience with this than a bunch of internet forum posters?

I have heard people can use it anywhere from 6months to two years so i would like to know to

Yes, but I'm sure there's people on here that have ran TM successfully and can share their experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    I have heard people can use it anywhere from 6months to two years so i would like to know to
    Clearly, the answer would be "it depends." Also, This question has been asked 1434322 times- learn to search.

Make sure you eat. TM + a sustained calorie deficit will kick your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by NikhilT View Post
    Make sure you eat. TM + a sustained calorie deficit will kick your ass.
    True fact.

Now a straight Texas Method program may work for a while, but I was under the impression reading Mr. Baker's work that variations of the Texas Method could theoretically work as long as people keep doing them and as far regarding programming as most people would ever need to go.

So "Texas Method Programming/Weekly Progression" could take you quite far indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Now a straight Texas Method program may work for a while, but I was under the impression reading Mr. Baker's work that variations of the Texas Method could theoretically work as long as people keep doing them and as far regarding programming as most people would ever need to go.

So "Texas Method Programming/Weekly Progression" could take you quite far indeed.
    It would not work for 10 years. Especially if you were going to keep training diligently and intelligently.

But for people who lay off training several times throughout their life, yeah, weekly programming will be enough until they die.

starting strength coach development program
    I've been running it for about 5 months with about a month of lost progress because of an ankle injury.

Bodyweight 173---181
    Squat 5rm 300--330

Fairly consistent with the 140--180kg over a year except I started weaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast