starting strength gym

Thread: Listening to QnA on the Podcast.. I think I pulled a muscle ...

Thumbs up Listening to QnA on the Podcast.. I think I pulled a muscle ...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Mark:

I started watching videos and researching the Starting Strength program recently. In the 70s-80s I lifted a little bit of weight, but never had formal training. In the intervening decades I have lost any semblence of fitness by working too much and doing little else. After two hip replacements and the alarming realization that I was not going to get any younger, stronger or fitter by doing nothing, I am pretty motivated to get this show on the road (as they say). Sitting on the couch, being physically unable to stand or move around is a frightening experience. It leaves at the mercy of anything that might come along; house fire, bad-guy, etc.
    I'm only in my 50s, but the general expectation seems to be "just sit down and relax", which I violently reject. I refuse to be a debilitated old woman at 60 or 70 or 80 because I chose to be.

So I watched all of the YouTube videos I found from you, read everything on line that I could find, and found the podcast. Yesterday I started listening to the podcast, just letting it stream one show after another. As I got to the QnAs that quickly degraded into the most hilarious "personal life" advice. (re: letter from SE Asian guy). I am continuing to listen to the stream and hope to learn more about how to train, and get an insight from the sage about life. Great stuff. Keep it up.

I grew up in NM and CO, but have been on the East Coast and midwest for most of my life, drowning in Liberalism. I sure do miss the Texas way of talking/thinking. It's refreshing, direct and reminds me of home. So glad I found you guys. I hope I live long enough to see what I can accomplish with your great program.

You might actually enjoy a seminar. We'll be in St. Louis this summer.

Rip, do you guys know when and where this summer in St. Louis?

Tba...

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    ...the East Coast and midwest for most of my life, drowning in Liberalism...
    Try the SF Bay Area as a young conservative. Born and raised here, but feel like an alien. I sympathize.