starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 315 lb.

Default Squat Form Check 315 lb.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I hoping I've resolved a lot of the issues I've been having with my form...I think some reps may have been high, though:

Do you typically keep the TUBOW there for your work sets? The first one looked okay, but IMO opinion it's distracting you. You're losing speed on the way down, cutting depth and experiencing some unfavorable changes in your back angle on the way up.
    Try ditching the TUBOW for the work set and get some film just a little more from the side.

Default Squat Form Check 315 lb.

Yes, I've been trying to correct a knee slide issue. OK I'll stop using the TUBOW on work sets.

Should I be going faster on the way down? I thought one was supposed be slow and controlled on the descent.
    Last edited by Soda; 05-25-2015 at 04:47 PM.

I would be curious to know what other form problems there are since these were probably my best squats yet performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soda View Post

Should I be going faster on the way down? I thought one was supposed be slow and controlled on the descent.
    "Controlled"? Yes. But we want a little more speed to facilitate a powerful drive out of the bottom.

Also, on your last rep, you lost some extension in your upper back and your wrists bent. Keep your wrists straight and squeeze up into the bar. You can think "chest out" but don't confuse that with leading with your chest.