starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 67.5kg

Default Squat Form Check 67.5kg

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025

It looks like your descend is slow at first, then it suddenly just drops. Are you staying tight the entire way down?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron8 View Post
    It looks like your descend is slow at first, then it suddenly just drops. Are you staying tight the entire way down?
    I was staying tight, I think I was trying to bounce out of the hole by descending fast and achieving the stretch reflex.

Besides that, any correction on my form?

I read my knees should stop moving forward 1/3 of the descend and the rest from the hips. But no matter how many times I try to make that happen, my knees will still keep moving forward throughout the squat.

And after squatting for multiple to times, I still don't really know how to really get the stretch reflex without compromising depth. A few times I practiced the stretch reflex with an empty, I felt my hamstrings getting tight and spring up like a sling shot, but the thing is some of squats were not hitting depth. I tried making my back a bit more horizontal but after doing that my lower back starts to round, I did shoved my knees out as hard as I can, shoulder width toes pointed out.

I have a short torso and long femur. So, hitting depth while keeping everything right is kinda hard for me.

Stop dancing around after unracking the bar; it's devouring energy to no purpose. Try setting your feet to your squat position then unracking and taking a single straight step back.
    Lose the sneakers and get proper squat shoes.
    Your lower back gets loose in the hole on the last set; the controlled descent heavyiron8 talks about will help stop that.