starting strength gym

Thread: Strange hip pain?

Default Strange hip pain?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi coach,

I have been lifting like the program outlines for around 10 weeks now, but only started eating like a savage for the past 2 weeks (because I am a moron). I also just ordered some proper shoes which will be arriving tomorrow.

Anyway, the last few squatting sessions I have felt a slight tenderness/ache localized around my AIIS only on the right side. Today, (squat 205) it was marked, persists as an ache, and is tender to touch. I completed all my sets but it was not very fun. I was wondering what you think could be causing this?

I had my form checked by my old CF coach this weekend who's only comment was to really shove my knees out at the bottom.

Also, I was wondering if you knew a really good coach around NYC/Long Island perchance? I would love to get my form completely solidified before it gets really heavy.

Best guy in your area is Paul at South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club. http://southbrooklynwc.com/ He can explain all this to you.

Since the subject was brought up. Do you know any coaches in the Baltimore area? Or if anyone in Baltimore is looking for a training partner, I am looking for a training partner too. I live in Baltimore city and train during the day.

No internationals have gone through your program and passed muster yet? Disappointing.