starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SBD vs Yellow Jackets????

Question SBD vs Yellow Jackets????

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I'm in the market for some substantial knee sleeves (so I don't have to squat as deep) and Titan recently released the Yellow Jackets which are poised to become SBD's chief competition. There's not a lot of info out yet but I figured I'd ask. Anyone got a pair yet?

Buddy has them. Difference is the stitching. The stitch down the back he said was annoying. Other than that he loves them

Stitch across the front is supposed to give Ya a little extra support. Who knows. He did say they were more supportive than this white wraps with red stripe he got at sports authority. He hit a 25 lbs pr first time squatting in the Titans. So his wraps were shit and/or the Titans are sweet. Id say they are pretty similar to the sbds sizes the same and same dimensions.

Sbds don't have the annoying stitching down the back and have left and right sleeves.

Is that $74 for a pair or just one?

I hope that is for both. That would make them a little cheaper than the SBD's. I do get a boost out of those (when they were new, now not so much since they stretched out), so I imagine Titan is trying to do the same thing here. If a guy got more out of them than the equivalent of Red Devil wraps, that is pretty good.

If they are the same quality as other titan products i would spend the extra $15 and get the SBDs.

I like that Titan wraps, and my singlet is good so far (though I only wear it 2-3 times per year). It would suck if these sleeves blew out like TK's.

Default SBD vs Yellow Jackets????

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBeech View Post
    Is that $74 for a pair or just one?
    That's the pair. He got them cause everywhere is out of stock on sbd sleeves
    Last edited by idlehands; 03-15-2015 at 06:29 PM.

This is great info. Thanks!

This guy has a side-by-side comparison video:

Anyone think either pair of sleeves lends a greater an illusion of depth over the other? I was wondering if they bright color and X stitching is intended to have that kind of effect. I can't really tell from the video.

I haven't tried the Yellow Jackets. However, I trained with the Rehband Blues for several years prior to switching to SBDs this past fall. The SBDs are worth every penny, IMHO.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Diebolt View Post
    This is great info. Thanks!

This guy has a side-by-side comparison video:

Anyone think either pair of sleeves lends a greater an illusion of depth over the other? I was wondering if they bright color and X stitching is intended to have that kind of effect. I can't really tell from the video.
    Maybe not even an illusion, but I wonder if the X on the front of the Yellow Jackets can be used as reference points for judging from the front.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast