starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The f*** is with my groin? (have been to the doctor)

Default The f*** is with my groin? (have been to the doctor)

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Age, Gender, current training status- Age 18, male, rehabbing disc injuries so novice progression for lower body

- Chief Complaint- at the bottom of the squat, especially with my knees shoved out with a normal width stance, there is a pulling feeling on the bottom right half of my penis.

- Narrative describing the mechanism of injury: Issue has been bothering me for a while, goes away for periods of time and comes back suddenly
    - Pain (on a scale of 1-10) 8 when it happens (bottom of the squat on certain reps), 0 the rest of the time
    - Describe the pain (burning, shooting, aching, deep, sharp). Pulling.
    - What makes it better? closer stance lets me avoid the pain sometimes along with cutting off depth at just below parallel.
    - What makes it worse? squatting a little too deep
    - How do your symptoms behave throughout the day? asymptomatic except in the bottom position of the squat.
    - Signs and Symptoms nothing visible.

i went to the doctor, he said there was no hernia, that it was muscular. Went to get a second opinion, had an CT scan done and there was no hernia. It's gotten a little worse since then I suppose; I don't know what else it could be. I've rehabbed it twice, my form is 'substantially correct' according to Steve Hill. Perhaps a forum doctor could advise me on my next move? Should I pay out of pocket to see a urologist/try a third GP?

I'm probably going to be bashed for asking this here, but I've already gone to a GP twice, and I can't get to a urologist on my insurance without a referral from a GP (which I don't have, since "it's a muscle strain"). The mindset seems to be "it only hurts squatting? stop squatting" rather than getting to the actual problem.

I doubt seriously that this is a urological problem. Make an effort to locate the pain with a precise skeletal reference, okay?

I suppose it looks like the superior right corpus cavernosum, or possibly the urethra. Possibly even as far back as the prostate gland. It's definitely localized to the right side, but its hard to determine exactly where the pulling is. Sorry about that, meant to go look up the anatomy, go back and change it but I guess I overlooked that before sending.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    [B]
    - Chief Complaint- at the bottom of the squat, especially with my knees shoved out with a normal width stance, there is a pulling feeling on the bottom right half of my penis.
    Rip, I got this one.

Big Dave,

Both your hands should be on the bar...

I'm here all week, folks. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Age, Gender, current training status- Age 18, male, rehabbing disc injuries so novice progression for lower body

Are you being spotted from behind when this occurs?

find a decent chiro or hang upside down or foam roll or something. could be a lower lumbar problem. i had problems with one of my nuts for a looong time(horrible pain) until i got my lower back pain under contro through adjustment from a GOOD chirol. my doctors thought i was crazy because i kept getting std checks and seeing urologists because i didnt believe that there wasnt a problem with my junk. my problem was in L5 OR L7 cant remember exactly

Discs can refer pain to groin region.

Well. If it's in the soft tissue, it will probably be a urological problem. Make the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by brettd View Post
    my problem was in L5 OR L7 cant remember exactly
    Kids these days are so spoiled. All these extra discs that I never had while growing up. And all they can do is whine.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, the problem won't be L7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast