starting strength gym

Thread: Need some advice on how much weight i should take off my bench press.

Default Need some advice on how much weight i should take off my bench press.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Basically , I have been on the programme since the end of September. I am a newb and this is a summary of the workout I have just had:

Squat: 85kg 3x5: I am starting to feel it being quite heavy now. The final set is not pleasant. Last week I failed on 85kg as I did 5,4,4 reps. This week, I managed 5,5,5. However, I felt the form was off in places (my spotter said i managed to hit below parallel but i'm going to take a vid next time).

Deadlift: 90kg 1x5: This was easy. I didn't really break a sweat.

And now, the Bench Press.
    Ohhhhh, the bench press :s . 52.5kg 3x5: My form was awful, i was doing half reps for sure. I don't know how much weight I should take off because I know that I have gone wrong somewhere. The bar was only going half or three quarters of the way down and I have been cheating myself for 2 sessions now.
    (My press progress is at 35kg 3x5 at the minute)

I know these questions are noobish, but i'm just really quite frustrated over the bench press, i really suck on it!

I'd go back to the last weight you completed 3x5 with full ROM, add 2.5kg and carry on.