starting strength gym

Thread: Interview with Konstantin Pozdeev

Default Interview with Konstantin Pozdeev

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Posted two days ago on all things gym -

http://www.allthingsgym.com/konstant...eev-interview/

Pretty interesting stuff, very thorough and informative. I thought some folks here might enjoy hearing what he has to say.

I clicked on it thinking I'd get 4 minutes in and quit, but ended up watching the whole thing. What a relaxed and sensible dude. (I am not even going to make fun of his last name.)

Given what I've learned here, nothing much surprised me in what he had to say about his training--an advanced/elite lifter whose program design would not be useful to most people on the planet. But, he deadlifts twice a week every other week. That was interesting.

I think he had a good few things to say about his training that would apply to a lot of people. As you said, he is relaxed and sensible - it shows in his training. He squats, deadlifts, benches, and does hyperextensions. No bands or chains or complicated exercises for no reason. Not that those things don't have their place in the training of some people, but certainly not in the training of most. There's a dude in my gym who squats with bands. Two plates. 225lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shion View Post
    I think he had a good few things to say about his training that would apply to a lot of people. As you said, he is relaxed and sensible - it shows in his training. He squats, deadlifts, benches, and does hyperextensions. No bands or chains or complicated exercises for no reason. Not that those things don't have their place in the training of some people, but certainly not in the training of most. There's a dude in my gym who squats with bands. Two plates. 225lbs.
    Well, that's not all he said. He also said he does "abs" (didn't get into detail) and described his shoulder rehab (done with bands) and a few other things. But my point was that his training sounds exactly like the elite chapter of PPST3--highly individualized. I doubt that your average guy squatting two plates would get anything useful out of that video.

edit: I just re-watched the part where he says he pulled 140 kg / 308 lb in competition a month after he did his first deadlift ever.
    Last edited by boot29342342; 08-07-2014 at 06:12 AM.