starting strength gym

Thread: Good Mornings, RDLs, and SLDLs

Default Good Mornings, RDLs, and SLDLs

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Rip:

I was reading through the SS component last night on GMs, RDLs, and SLDLs as assistance exercises. One of the things you mention is that they are very effective for increasing hamstring flexibility.

I am extremely inflexible and probably could not go past 45 degrees on a flat back GM. You mention that these exercises can be useful tools as a warmup prior to squats.

Would using either of these three lifts for the purpose of improving flexibility be helpful without hindering recovery from excessive volume? If so, which of the three would you recommend for a novice for this specific purpose?

Not trying to fuck with the program... I'm just tight as hell and want to improve flexibility as quick as reasonably possible.

Thanks,

~ACC

They don't necessarily fuck up your volume if you do them for ROM with a light-enough weight. Pick the one that hurts the worst and do 3 sets of 10 light when your through with your workout.

If you want to increase your flexibility as fast as possible, I would give PNF-stretching a try. Worked wonders for me.