starting strength gym

Thread: Can I squat after this type of injury?? How can I strengthen it and heres doc note...

Default Can I squat after this type of injury?? How can I strengthen it and heres doc note...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    A friend got injured about 8months ago while playing basketball, sum1 landed on his ankle awkwardly and he was out for about 5 months. He went to the doctors and this is what is in the doc's note :

''NO bony injury is noted. The talar dome is well preserved. A mild tibiotalar joint effusion is noted. A small soft tissue swelling is noted over the medial malleolus.''

Well its been 8months and he still feels some pain when doing a certain flexibily drill and also when applying some pressure. He was walk without pain but other then that he still feels it alittle. He pretty much cant jump and all these things like he used to. So what can he do?

I guess he could get one of those Hoveround power chairs, As Seen On TV and at http://www.hoveround.com/ A guy that crippled can't be expected to endure any more pain than he's no doubt already suffered. I mean, there ARE limits to the ability of humans to endure the agony of an ankle injury that involved no fracture and a little swelling.

If he is really that worried about it, he should get a repeat xray done to make sure they did not miss a small hairline fracture or stress fracture.

Not cool guys not cool at all.

Gman was trying to be helpful. I was trying to not be cool. Unless there is something actually wrong with "your buddy's" ankle, he has long delayed his rehab by being a pussy about the pain.

starting strength coach development program
    I especially like the "I" in the thread title followed by "my buddy" in the actual post lol.