starting strength gym

Thread: Squat recheck please

Default Squat recheck please

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Follow up to my last request. I would appreciate any input.

Dropped the weight to work on depth and knee position. I think I got the depth, still trying to place the knees.

I do have shoes ordered BTW, so I can retire my old work boots.

First, and most importantly - why are you OVERextending your thoracic spine before ever rep? NORMAL anatomical extension. Emphasis on NORMAL.

Second, you're driving your knees outside of your toes. Watch your feet on each rep - see them roll out? Keep your knees in a slot over your foot. Your also lifting your elbows too hard. Let them drop a bit. Other than that these are pretty good.

Thank you again for your help.

I hope it doesn't sound like an excuse, but I think when I was initially learning the exercise, I took the cue "drop your dick between your knees" too far and it became a habit to set up like that. I will stop that.

I have proper lifting shoes now and it is making it easier to keep my knees over my feet.

Jesus wept.

That is not a cue to be used while performing the lift. Ever. It is used to help people demonstrate volitional control over the muscle group that has to be held in ISOMETRIC CONTRACTION during the lift. ISOMETRIC. We've explained this approximately 12^24 times.