starting strength gym

Thread: What to do when you have no access to a gym/barbell

Default What to do when you have no access to a gym/barbell

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I hesitate to ask for assistance in NDTFP, but as a result of all the fun in S.E. Houston over the last week, both of my gyms are closed until further notice. I am aware that the gravitational attraction to a barbell and all attached plates remains in effect, but access to that equipment is temporarily gone with no end in sight.

It is very gratifying to see the difference my newly acquired strength is making when helping others (usually in the form of dead-lifting something heavy).

Any advice to help me keep from losing progress until I can get back under the bar and start DTFP again in a few weeks?

Thanks.

Doug

Maybe do some calisthenics in your living room or back yard?

Barbell training is a fun hobby. Being strong is great, but a couple of weeks off due to entire COUNTIES being flooded, no potable water, evacuees with no home, limited shelter options, etc. won't matter in the long run. When things return to normalcy, gyms will open again, and simply start again, and the strength will come. Guaranteed.

Andy's gym is about 70 miles away and around a 2.5 hour drive on a normal day. (gives you an idea of the scale of Houston)