starting strength gym

Thread: Pro-active Regarding Groin Strain?

Default Pro-active Regarding Groin Strain?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi Mr.Rippetoe,
    Two years ago I had a grade one or two groin strain that I did playing softball. I rehabbed and was back playing in about a month or so. Recently, I popped the same exact spot during a soccer game. Two weeks later (I was already back to what I was doing previously in the gym) I kicked a ball to "test" it out and felt that twinge and was basically right back where I started. I'm usually around a 360 for 5 squatter at 180lbs and could only do the bar overnight.
    Do you have any ideas regarding whether I should change my training somehow in order to avoid this again in the future? I normally don't spend time on the adductor machine or anything. I'm pretty basic and fairly low volume with my training so that's not something I usually incorporate, but of course I don't like being hurt either! Also, any ideas on what causes people to have specific weak spots where it's almost the same exact muscle fiber that gets injured more than once? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

If you tore a hole in your adductor(s) and didn't rehab it correctly, it is scarred across the muscle belly and the scar will function as a crease for future tears. Sorry.