starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello,

I am a 200 lb, 25 year old male about 12 weeks or so into the LP. The weight is getting (really) heavy and my form has started to suffer a bit. I can feel I am getting forward on my toes but I am not quite sure how to fix this? Do I need more back angle? Also it seem my chest my be rounding? Any tips and or cues would be very helpful. Also that grind on the let rep was brutal, lol.

YouTube

Thank you very much,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomAkre View Post
    Hello,

I am a 200 lb, 25 year old male about 12 weeks or so into the LP. The weight is getting (really) heavy and my form has started to suffer a bit. I can feel I am getting forward on my toes but I am not quite sure how to fix this? Do I need more back angle? Also it seem my chest my be rounding? Any tips and or cues would be very helpful. Also that grind on the let rep was brutal, lol.

YouTube

Thank you very much,
    Tom
    Thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Have you done a 13% deload yet to take another run at it? This works really well the first time you do it and can lead to 20lbs more LP.
    Your technique isn’t bad but you need to get bent over more and sooner. You’re too in your knees. Try this with your warmup sets thinking about keeping the weight over midfoot the whole time Abdul it should feel better