starting strength gym

Thread: Bench and press stalling, going to 3x3 or change programming

Default Bench and press stalling, going to 3x3 or change programming

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Ive beem doing ss about six months, and ive stalled a few times on on both bench and press. Im up to 195 3x3 OHP and tonight benched 310 5,4,4. Id really like to get up to the 350 range on bench. Personal goal to eventuall bench 400. How can i mix intermediate programming with regular lp on squat and dl

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

You didn't provide a lot of the necessary info to help with your actual question, BUT if you truly do need intermediate programming on bench and press, you just switch to that, while maintaining your LP on squat and deadlift. This has been covered and discussed probably several hundred times on the forum before, and a search will help you find lots of relevant threads.

I searched but im not very smart. What info would be necessary. Say hypothetically you had to increase your bench the most in 6 months would you continue to linear progress on 3x3 or change programming? And what programming would you change too. Would you do SS but start doing volume and intensity day for bench like texas method?

I like knowing exactly what im going to do in the gym ahead of time

I literally do not understand exactly what you're asking.

You can switch to TM style upper body work while maintaining the LP for squat, DL, and cleans.

Got it. Thanks for your help