starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A realization...

Default A realization...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I want[ed] to complete novice linear progression without interruption in my training or diet, but money situations will not allow this right now. My goal is pure strength and health.

In a moment of contemplation I realized that even bodyweight exercises and running IS progress. Not directly targeting my strength, but improvements in my physical fitness nonetheless and NOT counterproductive in comparison to inactivity.

Doing nothing // doing something

That is rediculously simple but I recognize this form of hopelessness in my friends and myself; "I can't do what I want to do, so I won't do anything".

It came to me that the information I've been absorbing about how to train for this and how to train for that trapped me into mindset that stopped me from training at all.

What I'm trying to discuss is that ANYTHING is improvement, is it not?

A fitting visual:

Crappy training, as in training with limited resources done safely, is better than no training. But just as there are no excuses not to train, there are no excuses not to look for a way to train properly.

GHETTO WORKOUT

Rocky 4...Rocky fucking FOUR! Watch, train, eat, repeat. Then beat up your buddy that's been banging your chick since you started actually doing something.

Do shitloads of pullups and lunges. 1,000 meters of lunges nonstop is pretty strong. So is more than 20 pullups per set. Save some money while you're doing it and buy some weights. Or get strong doing them, beat up your rich buddy, and take his home gym equipment.

THIS IS NOW AN INSPIRATION THREAD

Do that shit, son!

Holy hell guys!
    All this talk of doing shit and fighting is getting me pumped. I have no BUSINESS having this much energy after the gym.
    RAARGH!

Pictures... video... Carni's bit about beating people up (and I've never SEEN Rocky IV) all very inspiring.
    If it wasn't a "YNDTP" offence I'd be getting down to some workout now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShot View Post
    Holy hell guys!
    All this talk of doing shit and fighting is getting me pumped. I have no BUSINESS having this much energy after the gym.
    RAARGH!

Pictures... video... Carni's bit about beating people up (and I've never SEEN Rocky IV) all very inspiring.
    If it wasn't a "YNDTP" offence I'd be getting down to some workout now.
    My bit about beating people up? What??

ps go to my log and see my new video.

He meant f4thpathway. MORE

This euphoric revalation better not leave me disappointed with myself tomorrow.
    Last edited by aa7; 03-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    All this talk of doing shit and fighting is getting me pumped.
    Fight everyone! Fight em like they fucked your dog. That dude doing dumbbell curls in the power rack with his lifting belt, flip flops, and board shorts...fight him twice. And get the old lady on the bike to stomp his ass while he's down.

Then pound out those work sets, your warm up is over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast