starting strength gym

Thread: sore neck after working out?

Default sore neck after working out?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    i just did squat/press/powerclean/pullup. my neck is somewhat sore. should i be worried? i thought it would go away overnight but it is still here >:[

If I never trained when my neck was sore, I'd never have trained for most of 20 years. If you cannot figure out a way to deal with injuries like this so that you can train around or through them you will never be very strong.

you would only get a sore neck from OHP if its done wrong. any other lifts shouldn't give you a sore neck.

Sometimes neck soreness is caused by excessive grimacing and teeth clenching in the gym. Try not to strain so hard when exercising.....this may solve other problems as well Dr. Crap Pants.

thanks, i was just making sure since it was the first time it ever happened to me and it didn't go away.
    i was doing some stupid shit on the press, so that's probably the reason.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by kasra007 View Post
    you would only get a sore neck from OHP if its done wrong. any other lifts shouldn't give you a sore neck.
    Wrong how? My neck started hurting a little, like the way it hurts if you sleep wrong, right after I finished pressing today... and the weight is rough, I *barely* got the last rep.