starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Belts 3 inch brief write-up with pictures

Default Best Belts 3 inch brief write-up with pictures

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I just received my girlfriend's 3 inch belt from Best Belts. She's a beauty (the belt).

Things to note:
    - The belt is red and the pictures do justice to how it looks in real life.
    - The 3 inch belt has 11 holes for adjustment, unlike the 4 inch Athlete belt that has fewer holes at 9. More room for my girlfriend to get fat.
    - The belt has a tapered end, unlike the picture on Best Belts - Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belts > Home. This is good because the tapered end is easier to hold onto when pulling the belt tight. The picture on the website is from way back when Best Belts was first trialling the 3 inch belt, and they just haven't updated their website's pictures. I did a few picture searches before ordering and the 3 inch belts I saw all had tapered ends, so no surprise for me.
    - Best Belts used to fit the 3 inch belt with a seamed roller, and it's still advertised on their website to have a seamed roller. The belt I received however has a seamless roller - that's right, one continuous piece of metal. Pleasant bonus. I applaud Best Belts' efforts to continually improve the quality of their products even though they are already so popular.
    - The belt is 10mm thick throughout its length, but at the edges is closer to 8mm. This is because the suede tapers away to create a bevel, which is the white that can be seen at the edges. This thickness is as advertised.
    - Dana Best replied my emails in good time, and she was helpful with my "small packaging" request because I was getting it forwarded to Australia.
    - I've ordered a 4 inch Athlete belt for myself because I've got belt envy.

I'm happy to answer questions about the belt or post more photos if you want a different angle.
    Last edited by Darren Chua; 09-26-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Are they still doing that stupid western union money transfer thing? No paypal? That's the only reason I haven't bought more from them.

I paid with PayPal. Twice.

Thanks for the review. It's very timely actually, I've just been looking at belts tonight (it'll be my first) and tossing up between Best Athlete and Inzer Forever. I'm in Aus too, how much did shipping cost?

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Thanks for the review. It's very timely actually, I've just been looking at belts tonight (it'll be my first) and tossing up between Best Athlete and Inzer Forever. I'm in Aus too, how much did shipping cost?
    Best over Inzer, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Best over Inzer, for sure.
    I love my Best. Great belt. Great company. Great family. And local to me.

Super nice folks. I got this exact same, pretty belt. Used it for 8 months and decided to get a bigger belt per recommendation from mastodonstrength (cody?). Went for a 4 inch 10mm. I ordered the wrong size (used the same length as my 3 inch belt) which was too short as the lower ribs prevented me from tightening as much as the 3 inch belt. They were totally fine with taking back a return and charged me a $15 restocking fee. They're making me a new belt. Return shipping cost me about $8, shipping to me costs $5, so they really just charged me $10 for restocking, which I think is very minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    I used Auspost's ShopMate mail forwarding service and shipping was AUD 34. I don't think it will be more than AUD 42 for the heavier Athlete belt. Get the Best Belt, the total price you pay will be the same as the Inzer, but you get a customised belt that's also IPF approved.

Quote Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post
    per recommendation from mastodonstrength (cody?).
    One and the same!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Chua View Post
    I used Auspost's ShopMate mail forwarding service and shipping was AUD 34. I don't think it will be more than AUD 42 for the heavier Athlete belt. Get the Best Belt, the total price you pay will be the same as the Inzer, but you get a customised belt that's also IPF approved.
    Great - thanks for the info. They are definitely awesome looking belts, my only worry is what colour to choose, so many options!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast