starting strength gym

Thread: power clean check

Default power clean check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    current stats: age: 37, 5'8", 165 lb

Power clean 135x3

Only was able to do the 1 set today due to time, but still feel that these need work, just not sure where to go from here.

pc 135x3 July 10 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DsubZ View Post
    current stats: age: 37, 5'8", 165 lb

Power clean 135x3

Only was able to do the 1 set today due to time, but still feel that these need work, just not sure where to go from here.

pc 135x3 July 10 - YouTube
    Stepping through the video frame by frame it looks like your elbows are bending a touch early (you are trying to row the weight). I can't tell by the video but make sure you're engaging your lats (cue = bend the bar around your legs). This will reduce the tendency to row.

Is there a reason the platform is back under the rack? If you can't fix the platform then I'd lift facing the other direction so I could jump out of the rack (instead of into the wall) if I need to ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_R View Post
    it looks like your elbows are bending a touch early (you are trying to row the weight).
    I agree on this.
    Turning the elbows in could help.
    Focusing on jumping up could help too.
    Or even jumping with locked elbows, for a few times, just to see what it feels like.

Also, a bit more aggression on the stomp and elbow rotation, but that's peripheral to the main issue, which is the early(-ish) arm-bend.

Hope this helps,

IPB

Thanks, I suffered from the reverse curls/rowing pretty bad when I started, couldn't really tell until the weight started to get heavier, so at least it's improving.