starting strength gym

Thread: Left shoulder pain II

Default Left shoulder pain II

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    75-yr-old, 6'1", 188 lb, BP 126/69, active in some mountain biking, swimming and hiking. Following Sully and you since March. Visited gyms for years, but have been on 2-day SS program since March with one of the cardio things a 3rd exercise. Have gained 11 lb in last four months. Almost none around the waist!

Had rotator cuff repairs L+R 1999, 2001. Hurt shoulder doing a curl at the end of the program.

Saw ortho doc yesterday, seems pretty good. He diagnosed inflammation and maybe a tear. X-ray showed spur, no arthritis. Type 1-2 acromion. Got steroid shot (tremendous help, no surprise). Recommends PT and come back in 6 weeks. Then decide on whether MRI and on are necessary.

I'm continuing squat (current 150), press (55, titrating lightly per your earlier rec), DL (245), bench (85 going light).

QUESTION I know you are not always big on PT. Should I take the time for this? Any other recommendations?

Sully's presentation and your book have been accurate on every detail I've read. Thank you.

Your first PT appointment will tell you what you need to know about it. Just don't be dazzled by the clipboards and medical-looking uniforms.