starting strength gym

Thread: Post TM program needed (sorry this is probably a repetitive question)

Default Post TM program needed (sorry this is probably a repetitive question)

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I've got my squat up to 520lbs x 3 for intensity day and I'm 5x5ing 465lbs for volume.

I've been on the TM since mid 2010 where my 5x5 started at about 330.

I've not really messed about with the basic template other than changing the volume on the intensity squat from five reps to three.

I feel like this program is killing me now. Mondays sessions take really long and my progress is really slow (maybe 5lbs on the squat every two weeks).

I was thinking of changing to 5/3/1? My plan is to lose some fat that I've built up over the last few months and do some cardio while slowly improving my numbers.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Thanks, I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Matt

Go for it. You may want to consider one of the templates that allows for more squat volume and tweak as necessary after a few cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    Go for it. You may want to consider one of the templates that allows for more squat volume and tweak as necessary after a few cycles.
    Thanks Nick. Where would I find information on 5/3/1 including these templates? Do I just order the e-book?

Yeah. Just order the book. It's a quick and entertaining read. I think there's a second edition out now and one called "Beyond 5/3/1" that I haven't read.