starting strength gym

Thread: Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI)

Question Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI)

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi,

I have had a mobility issue in the right hip for some years and while it has not bothered my training directly, I have not paid much attention to it, but I anyway went to a chiropractor last week to check it, since maybe it still affects something, lower back or knee, even though no pain in the hip while squatting or deadlifting. He noticed rather severe mobility problems and sent me to the doctor to get an x-ray of it.

I got the x-rays the other day with the doctor's statement clear signs of tear in the joint most probably due to Femoral Acetabular Impingement (FAI) in the right hip. I still will see the doctor about this and ponder alternatives. Hip issues seem to be scary things and treatment ranges from using pain killers and cutting activity down to nordic walking and swimming to surgery and regaining normal mobility.

The best remedy here seems to be surgery, hopefully only arthroscopy, and according to what I have read on the internet I could be back training as normal in 3-4 months. If the tearing is too material a solution could be a hip replacement, but I don't know if the wellfare state does that for people who still can walk.

Anybody here who has got experience of this?
    Last edited by Matti; 11-06-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: missspelling