starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip gets a shout out in The Guardian

mikeylikey Guest

I'd have been happy to help them with that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe if someone drew them a picture.

Oh. Wait......

Saw that, too. Pretty funny how she describes a truly terrible squat form, then lists SS as the strength bible. Maybe try reading it instead of just listing is as one of your bona-fides? Also, first she tells people to get a coach...then she tells them that they may be working with that coach for weeks prior to putting weight on the bar... Maybe get a better coach?

But WTF do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Don't like the bar not contacting her shins?

Weight is not even close to over mid-foot.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

I dont remember seeing "bar should be cock length from shins on setup". anyway, 2 steps forward, one step back etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Don't like the bar not contacting her shins?
    There's a bit of a difference between "not contacting her shins" and "not even over her feet."

mikeylikey Guest

In fairness, they probably took 150 shots of her setting up for & performing various lifts. And then the editor and/or photographer selected the one that was most aesthetically pleasing. She may be resetting between reps here, and that shot happened to have the best lighting, composition, or have been the most flattering to her body, of the shots they had to choose from. It is after all an article about the aesthetic benefits of weightlifting. It's probably a bit much to expect the editor and/or photographer to have Read The Book.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikey View Post
    In fairness, they probably took 150 shots of her setting up for & performing various lifts. And then the editor and/or photographer selected the one that was most aesthetically pleasing. She may be resetting between reps here, and that shot happened to have the best lighting, composition, or have been the most flattering to her body, of the shots they had to choose from. It is after all an article about the aesthetic benefits of weightlifting. It's probably a bit much to expect the editor and/or photographer to have Read The Book.
    Good points. The negativity here about a positive story (for the woman and for Rip and Starting Strength) is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast