starting strength gym

Thread: Back pain on squatting

Default Back pain on squatting

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi

When I get to the bottom of my squat I can often get a nerve pain running to my leg. Checking my mirror it looks like my ass takes a dip at the bottom of the movement and the lumbar curve flattens out suddenly.

My hamstrings are very tight. They always have been. I've tried stretching them on a daily basis for several months but I can't honestly say they are any better than when I started.

Where do I go from here. I'm not remotely trying to use heavy weights. This can happen with 20KG on the bar.

Thanks

Have you tried a massage therapist that can do a myofascial release on your hamstrings? It would be worth the money if it worked, and you'll be able to tell immediately.

Default Good article about hamstring streching

Maybe you are stretching wrong. You might be stretching your back instead of your hamstrings and you might be stretching while cold (instead of sweating.) This article explains with pictures. Work and family safe.

page down a bit
    http://crossfitvirtuosity.com/blogs/articles

P.S. My four-year-old thought the girl with with the bounce (way back a few months ago) was VERY interesting.

Vanessa