starting strength gym

Thread: This study is interesting.

Default This study is interesting.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024

Default A lot of big fucking words in that one...

So i am not sure I am reading it right because it sounded contradictory in the end, " the drug induced receptor upregulation helped offset the drug reduction" . This makes it sounds as if the study concluded that some of the good effects of acetominophen counterbalanced its bad effects...wouldnt that be a big sum zero overall...seriously, do we have a wonk on here who can read this shit and explain it to the layman.

DoesNT Sully love NSAIDS. He should be all over this.

If Acetominophen reduces pain , could people taking them train harder and is it this intensity that causes greater muscle gains...these studies always act like everyone trains exactly the same...there is no way taking fucking tylenol is good for you...no fucking way...I am just happy to hear that if you do take it it is not real bad for you..that is good enough for me.
    Last edited by Mainstream; 04-01-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Not the first study to hint that COX inhibitors possibly have opposite effects on muscle growth in response to resistance training in older as opposed to younger individuals.

"Drug consumption unexpectedly increased muscle volume (acetaminophen: 109 ± 14 cm(3), 12.5%; ibuprofen: 84 ± 10 cm(3), 10.9%) and muscle strength..." and "Over-the-counter doses of acetaminophen or ibuprofen, when consumed in combination with resistance training, do not inhibit and appear to enhance muscle hypertrophy and strength gains in older adults. "

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...,f1000m,isrctn

Appears to work in rats too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?...ia+in+old+rats.