starting strength gym

Thread: Novice program

Default Novice program

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Greetings Professor Mark Rippetoe.
    I´m a novice when it comes to barbell training, but I´ve just read the chapter on Intermediate program included in "Practical programming for strength training" and I have some questions related to it. I understood that progressive overload is importante when the goal is to develop strength. My questions are:

1) Should I also progressively overload barbell exercises during periods of time focusing not on strength development, but in endurance or hypertrophy?
    2) Should progressive overload be present on light and medium intensity workouts (and not just heavy workouts)?
    3) Is it possible to consider light, medium and heavy workouts whichever the training goal (improved strength, improved muscular endurance or hypertrophy)?

Thank you for your time.

Murelli Guest

Have you read Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training and the Novice chapter of PPST? It's all written there

Quote Originally Posted by Murelli View Post
    Have you read Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training and the Novice chapter of PPST? It's all written there
    +1

Thanks for the reply. I'll pay more attention during next readings. Thank you.
    Last edited by Saraiva; 10-05-2016 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I was dumb