starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Check

Default Deadlift Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi, I've been struggling with lower back rounding on my deadlift and trying to figure out how to fix it.

285x2

335x1

Is there anything that I am doing wrong? I would like to keep going higher on my deadlift but don't want to injure my lower back in the process.

Thanks.

It doesn't look to me like you're picking your chest up at all. I think you're just bending down and hoping your back will be straight. After you set your grip and your legs, actually arch your back. You'll probably have to try and overextend. You shouldn't actually be able to overextend, but if you can overextend at the start/through the pull, then you just have to tone it down a little to get it right.

watch the very end of the barbell during these videos. . . you're rolling that fucking thing all over the place. stop.

and turn around, stop looking in the mirror.

It would be much better to see a set of five. A triple and a single are not a lot to go on. You lose some lumbar extension as you pull. Tiburon is right. You need to leave the bar in place on the ground if Rip's setup steps are to work. Watch how the weight shifts on to your toes as you pull. Get your weight in your heels.