starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some guidance

Red face need some guidance

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hello everyone i started SS recently to raise my strength i started weighing 91kg at 183cm now i am at 88kg same height tho 😛 i am 23 years old my stats for each lift when i started was as follows : squats 85kg X 5reps, deadlifts 95kg X 5reps ,bench press 65kg ,overhead press 50kg X 5reps, now i squat 132kg X 5reps, deadlifts 150kg X 5reps, bench press 81kg X 5reps ,overhead press 65kg X 5reps i did that in 16 workouts now my question is am i going at the right pace and should i take a week off every 8 weeks or keep going, sorry for the long post 😊 and thanks in advance.

(1) I'm assuming these are for 3 sets each?
    (2) What are your increments from w/o to w/o?
    (3) You lost 3 kg over the past 16 workouts = ~ 5 weeks? Were you chubby to begin with?
    (4) The answer to your question is generically "no, don't stop," unless there's something you're not telling us (drastic form issues, pain, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by rjharris View Post
    (1) I'm assuming these are for 3 sets each?
    (2) What are your increments from w/o to w/o?
    (3) You lost 3 kg over the past 16 workouts = ~ 5 weeks? Were you chubby to begin with?
    (4) The answer to your question is generically "no, don't stop," unless there's something you're not telling us (drastic form issues, pain, etc.)
    1 : yes 3 sets ☺
    2: for squats and deadlifts 5kg each workout but now only 2kg on each time i squat, for presses 2kg each workout
    3 : i am not chubby but have some unwanted fats around midsection that i wanna lose
    4: no i don't feel any pain but i just thought it would be a good idea to give some time for joints to recuperate ��

(1) Good.
    (2) Good.
    (3) This depends on if you find yourself getting stuck in the near future, but I wouldn't be trying to lose any more weight at this point. This program, particularly in the later stages, will require you to eat what will seem like a *lot* of food just to keep the weight on the bar going up, and you may see evidence of that in the weight on the scale.
    (4) Nah. Your joints are fine unless there's pain. Furthermore, the way to strengthen both joints and muscles is to keep adding weight on the bar. Keep on moving up. Good work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Seems like you're progressing fine. I'd recommend going over to the nutrition forum and reading through Jordan's advice on how to get more gains without gaining excess fat. You can do both.
    could you direct me to it with a link please cause i cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by espada View Post
    could you direct me to it with a link please cause i cant find it
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...play.php?f=167

http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

okay i am kinda lost can i go for fat loss while doing SS cause i wanna trim the fats on my midsection and cant do that in a caloric surplus can i still do SS while on a deficit ?

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Did you read the last link both Adam and I provided you? It outlines three basic methods:

-Recomposition*
    -Fat loss
    -Muscle Gain

*The recomposition idea is that you're maintaining a weight but changing the fat percentage.

The basic outline is in that last article.
    Thank you very much that's what i needed

How is Aizen doing?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by umairsemail View Post
    How is Aizen doing?
    Oh Aizen isnt fine at all since he went to jail but we are trying to free him �� "its all anime talk nothing serious ��"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast