starting strength gym

Thread: First PL Meet coming up, Novice-to-Intermediate Programming Change?

Default First PL Meet coming up, Novice-to-Intermediate Programming Change?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    After 10 months of SS and lifting, I decided to try my first Powerlifting meet. It's 6 weeks away. Right now in my programming, I would describe myself as right on the fence between novice and intermediate. My current routine is:

Day A:
    Squat 1x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Pendlay Row 3x5

Day B:
    Squat 1x5
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5

I have been making progress on squats again since reducing volume, but I will miss a rep every few days, leading me to believe that my body is right on the cusp of not being able to recover in 48 hours from heavy squats. I am making steady progress on all other lifts. I have a copy of PPST3, and I have a good idea of what an intermediate routine will look like for me, but I have no idea if I should transition to it now, keep going as long as I can with the above, or some mix of the two before the meet. My goal is a PL score around 1200, so I have no designs to win the meet, but I don't want to go in weak or fatigued either.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

About 3 weeks prior to the meet, I'd switch Friday's to singles across so you can get an idea of where your strength is actually at for a meet.