• starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    DL60 - YouTube

Age = 20
    Height = 6ft
    Bodyweight = 90kg
    Set = 1
    Weight = 60kg x 1 x 5

This is my first form check for deadlifts. I've only started lifting ~2-3 weeks ago. I've haven't touched a barbell (or any weight) before nor played any sports.

I did a side on angle as I wanted to check for lumbar extension. I'm having a really hard time trying to get my lower back extended. I'll upload a front 45 angle next time to check for different variables eg stance width, toe angle etc.

Any thoughts/criticisms/suggestions?

Thanks

I suspect that the bar is an inch too far forward of your midfoot when you start. Your shoulders are too far ahead of the bar and your weight may be on your toes. This makes it more difficult to get the back flat.

Yes, you're not getting squeezed up/back flat enough.

Follow the setup in the book to get the bar over the midfoot (shins one inch from the bar). Then with stiff legs reach down to the bar. Keep your balance over the midfoot as you bend your knees to bring your shins to the bar. Then, squeeze your chest up between your arms as hard as you can.

Good luck!

Yes to all Mia's suggestions with one addition. Once lockout is achieved, put the bar back down. No need to hold the top of the DL for 5 seconds!

AM