starting strength gym

Thread: Scoliosis, short leg or muscular imbalance?

Default Scoliosis, short leg or muscular imbalance?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hi rip, A few days ago I noticed, when squatting, one leg would be in front of another.

After correcting this foot placement issue, I recorded myself with 70Kg (previously squatting 180kg for 3) and noticed the imbalance shown in the youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyzrp2xExqo

My guess is the foot imbalance, has created a weak right side, with weak low back, glute max, and hamstrings. Thus, when under load, the strong side pulls the hip out of alignment and the spine follows.

The question remains how to fix it? gradually add weight and hope it fixes itself?

You're better at spotting and analyzing asymmetry than I am, because I can't tell much from this incomplete video.

Sorry, how do you mean?

The youtube video loads up fine on my end, lemme play around with the privacy settings.

first thing i notice is how the right hand side of the bar is quite a bit higher than the left to begin with and that right hand is further over the top of the bar.
    everything looks pretty level (although it is hard to tell) up to about where the elbows are, but then things are not balanced above that point.
    not gonna try and suggest why that may be but i should think that is the region in which the problem lays.

Quote Originally Posted by khal View Post
    Sorry, how do you mean?
    You want me to do a symmetry analysis from a video that doesn't show your feet and doesn't show your back. This procedure should be done in person, not over the web.