starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do between Sheiko 29 and 37?

Default What to do between Sheiko 29 and 37?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I just finished the second week of Sheiko 29. After 2 weeks, I plan on running Sheiko 37, which has slightly higher volume. Since it is a percentage based program, I figure I have 3 options.

1. Take a week in between and test my maxes. Base my lifts for 37 on the new maxes.
    2. Run them back to back, keep training maxes the same. Let the increased volume do the work.
    3. Run them back to back, increase training maxes slightly.

Which of these options sounds best?

Here is a link to the Sheiko programs. http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

I think you should test your max. I would consider taking two weeks if this Sheiko thing is hard, running a high-volume peaking program back to back with another one doesn't sound smart.

I read somewhere that some people take a week off before testing their max. You may not have to do a full week, but the body might need to recover a little to hit your true maxes.

I wasn't planning on doing any real peaking until after 37.

Run them with the same 1rm. Iirc they are meant to be run in succession with one of the peaking programs as the third or fourth block.

I've got a sweet spreadsheet that has them all plus some of the more advanced programs. I'll try to post it up on Sunday when I get off shift. Shoot me a private message if I forget.

-Hat

Do you think that another 4 weeks at roughly the same weights would be beneficial at my level of training advancement?

The sheiko style of high volume/relatively low intensity is all about supercompensation and when you run the different programs in the right orders with the correct taper, you keep more of your gains than you would otherwise.

The smolov and smolov junior programs show this relationship, most people that run these programs see huge gains when they test their 1rm, but it often falls somewhere in-between their beginning 1rm and their tested 1rm shortly thereafter. They still see overall gains, but nothing near when they had immediately finished, i.e. in a super compensated state.

I'm not sure what level training advancement that you are currently at, but the programs were designed to be run in sequence, so I would do it that way.

-Hat

You should up your maxes by 1-2% and then immediately run 37.

I'm just finishing up 23 consecutive weeks of CMS training before raw nationals, its quite the buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by NolanPower View Post
    I'm just finishing up 23 consecutive weeks of CMS training before raw nationals, its quite the buildup.
    Straight up nasty right there.

starting strength coach development program
    Here is the spreadsheet. I've included 2 file formats so it should work with the latest version of excel, earlier versions, and Open Office as well. let me know if there are any issues. Spreadsheet credit goes to ChaseT from BB.com.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1536724...2008.06.22.xls

https://rapidshare.com/files/2139257...2008.06.22.ods

-Hat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast