starting strength gym

Thread: Crossfit Level 1 Cert.

Default Crossfit Level 1 Cert.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Mark had said a few weeks ago to let everyone know what I thought about the CF Level 1 Cert that I attended this past weekend in Alvin, TX.

Overall it was a great certification/seminar and although it is pretty expensive at $1000 it is worth the money. I own my own facility so I don't really care about the actual cert but I walked away from there a better trainer and coach I think.

Highlights:
    The coaches. Very impressed with the level of expertise that I found in the coaches at my cert. Not just the theoretical stuff, but the technical stuff as well. These people can talk the talk and walk the walk. They fielded a ton of questions and gave alot of good answers to some difficult questions. Everything you learn is real world stuff that can be applied to you or your clients, not a bunch of textbook mumbo jumbo although the science behind the stuff is solid.

Negatives:
    None really to be honest. Alot of what we went over was stuff I already had a firm grasp of but reinforcement of basic concepts never hurts and if you go into things like this with a bit of humility you can usually find someway to improve yourself, and I did. The only thing I really didn't like was that there is somewhat of an attitude within the hardcore CF community that CF is the one and only way to train everybody all the time. Maybe not with everybody but at least with the coaches at my cert. At times they came off as kinda insulting to anybody else who might be doing something a little different and I don't know if that is the best attitude to have when trying to educate.

However, anything negative about the cert was mostly minutia and I would highly recommend anyone attend the cert even if you are not interested in actually doing CF yourself. There are alot of concepts that can be learned that can be applied to other types of training and you will get an opportunity to watch how a good trainer or coach does their job. Can't say enough about that.

You will sweat when you go. We did four WOD's in 2 days, and needless to say I was pretty damn sore on Monday morning.

For any of you guys who think that you are hot shit cause you can squat 400 or 500 lbs I would invite you to humble yourself by attempting some Bottom to Bottom Tabata Squats one day.

Glad you enjoyed it. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in improving GPP or learning about the CrossFit method.

Mark,

Is that a different cert compared to this one: https://www.regonline.com/builder/si...eventid=193152

Thanks!

Yes, this cert is the one I do for CrossFit.

CF Level 1 certs are great!
    The format that they've been using for the last year or so is phenomenal!

I hated driving back home from NC to FL after Thrusters, 2 hrs of Jump roping with Buddy Lee and a few more hundred squats.

starting strength coach development program
    Cool..

Well, I just signed up for the BB in Olathe, so I guess I will be seeing you bright and early on the 31st.