starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sissy squatters of the world, compete!"

Default "Sissy squatters of the world, compete!"

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    "....You have nothing to lose but your chins." Or maybe your purse, if you tend toward skinny-weak rather than fat-weak. Well, and your dignity too, you'll obviously lose that.

I like MM's bodyweight bench race, but some of us higher-achieving sissies don't even have a BW squat. My PR for reps is 175#, and I'm weighing in around 210#, so I think I'm beginning to see it just over the horizon, but I still have 35# to go.

So--is anyone else up for an even sissier race to a BW squat for 3x5 and willing to admit in public that they are sissy enough to be qualified? We'll take your word for it--if you were a liar you'd lie about not being such a sissy. To be clear, these have to be Rip-approved back squats to below parallel, and just like the bench race the mark is for reps and not a 1RM because the point is to motivate your training, not interrupt it with a 1RM test.

Log your pitiful qualifications and progress here, or just mock, I mean encourage the rest of us.

I'm in, and I'm not even sure how much I'll be squatting this month while I "cut" - last I checked I weighed 199, my best squats were 180 for 3x5. I'll probably squat twice a week for 2x5 and go up by 2.5 lb as I can while I work on the gut. So if I lose 10 lb and put up 10 more on the squat I'm there.

=) Hope to see you all progress well. For me, my favorite lift has and always will be squat. My worst of course happens to be the squat =P. Good luck, gentlemen!

Sissy squatters of the world
    unite and take over
    Sissy squatters of the world
    hand it over
    hand it over
    hand it over

These topics are one of the very few situations in which weighing only 178lbs actually DISQUALIFIES, opposed to qualifies, me from being a sissy.

Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    These topics are one of the very few situations in which weighing only 178lbs actually DISQUALIFIES, opposed to qualifies, me from being a sissy.
    It's ok bro I still think you're a sissy

j/k we cool

Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    =) Hope to see you all progress well. For me, my favorite lift has and always will be squat. My worst of course happens to be the squat =P. Good luck, gentlemen!
    Squat was my worst too (it was lower than my bench for quite a while), but just before Christmas for some reason I was able to add 40# in two weeks--something or the other started working right. So now it may not suck any more than my other lifts. I still feel like I have a bit more of that progress in me, so there is some possibility that I'll hit BW in early Feb. But that's only if I get a steady 5# per workout the whole month.

I gotta try to keep the progression going after I'm back up to 175 (I reset because I got some kind of minor bug), because tfarny is closer than I am and I have to catch up while he's cutting or I think he'll beat me. I guess that's why we have a competition. :-) I also have to resist the urge to get greedy and risk stalling myself out.

Wink

Alright, I'm in. My squat sucks, I can't even rep 400lbs. I really need to take my 3x5 from 335# to 350# so I can at least have it as a 1RM.
    Last edited by OCG; 01-07-2011 at 07:47 AM.

I'm in! One of my ambitious goals for the year is a 1.5X BW squat.

Currently 170# @ 5'6" tall.

Current 5X3 squat 155#.

starting strength coach development program
    This set of threads is like the Planet Fitness of competition. No grunting, no deadlifting.

I'm in, and I'm not even sure how much I'll be squatting this month while I "cut" - last I checked I weighed 199, my best squats were 180 for 3x5.
    Oy vey. C'mon princess, unless you're 5'3" that cut is unnecessary. I know you want to see your dong over the growing horizon of your belly, but I promise it's still small and abs won't make the girls stop laughing.

I kid, I kid, good luck to all of you, hopefully this isn't a struggle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast