starting strength gym

Thread: Sabo GYM Weightlifting Shoes?

Default Sabo GYM Weightlifting Shoes?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I ordered these today, because I don't want to life barefoot anymore and Rogues are unavailable in my size:
    http://www.maxbarbell.com/collection...ng-shoes-black

Rogue told me they are no longer going to stock Do-Wins with the 0.5" heel, and this was the closest heel I could find, at 0.60". I doubt I will notice the difference.
    I just wish they had two straps instead of 1, but I have never tried Olympic shoes so I have no idea how much it matters.
    Has anyone else tried them?
    Last edited by Kevin Pavon; 11-11-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Not me, but I'd be interested to hear your feedback. Is Rogue cutting the whole .5" shoe line, or just the ones in your size? The former would surprise me, because they seem pretty popular.

From what they told me, once they sell out of what they have in stock they will not get anymore until they find a new supplier. So eventually they will probably get more, I hope. I'll keep everyone posted about these shoes.

This is what they told me

"The Rogue Weightlifting 1/2" heel has currently been discontinued. We will not be expecting another shipment of them on the U.S. site, nor have them available on our Rogue Europe site."

I can tell you, that I tried to find an affordable wood heel shoe, with no luck. The plan was to take it to a local cobbler and get that 0.5" heel by having the heel cut. Maxbarbell.com had some with a wooden heel, but they are also discontinuing their wooden heel models and did not have my size. The only other way I found to get a wooden heel is to go with Risto or Titan shoes, which are $200+, and have a 6-9 week wait time.