starting strength gym

Thread: Good Mornings... volume question + form check...

Default Good Mornings... volume question + form check...

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Coach, on p 247 of BBT you recommend performing GM's in higher repetition ranges due to the fact that its an assistance exercise and the potential for injury.

I am doing GM's on my Texas Method volume day. My question is.... as opposed to doing sets of say, 8-10, how do you feel about accumulating volume on this exercise by doing say, multiple sets of 3, in order to prevent fatigue and possible form breakdown?

Do you think that the cost:benefit ratio would still be too high, even if weights were chosen rather conservatively?

Final question... any advice on head position/eye gaze while performing this exercise?

[youtube]XEb5XhUewPM[/youtube]

Thanks for your time!

Considering the fact that you don't have a real bar, they look fine. I've never tried multiple 3s to accumulate volume, but there is no reason why that shouldn't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Considering the fact that you don't have a real bar, they look fine. I've never tried multiple 3s to accumulate volume, but there is no reason why that shouldn't work well.
    I'll let you know how they go.

Not sure how to read into your "real bar" comment, or if there is anything to be read into at all. I use the SSB as it allows me to do them without aggravating my shoulder impingement.