starting strength gym
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Belt Choice Hits The Market (SBD lever belt)

Default Yet Another Belt Choice Hits The Market (SBD lever belt)

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So SBD's lever belt finally came out. Not much info yet but there are some pictures.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

BodyPower Exhibition - YouTube

So basically it's like a reversed lever. Instead of the screwed in base moving, the little nubbed arm does, making it more easily adjustable. One question does occur to me, how do they keep it from slipping out? On a regular lever you've got the two hooked nubs to keep it in, but the holes on the SBD belt all look uniform and round. I guess we'll see. The lever appears to be the usual zinc casting, which is disappointing. Can't say much about the leather, it's probably up to the usual standard, comparable to an Inzer and whatnot.

That's so simple and clever. I can't believe it hasn't been done yet. I wonder if there will be issues with the design that there aren't with the traditional design.

I had a similar idea about a year ago. It's a pretty obvious solution.

EDIT: It'll be interesting in a 6 months/a year or so when China copies it and starts selling their own.
    Last edited by OCG; 05-21-2016 at 11:00 AM.

I can't tell what the difference is from the pics. Can anyone explain?

I want one.

Lol... You have to love marketing, they have the Kaz, Big Z, and Hollands promoting their products.
    The belt price is Ridiculous, I wouldn't even pay that much for a Bob's Belt.
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 05-22-2016 at 08:53 AM.

I now claim to be a wizard. Thanks OCG.

Quote Originally Posted by elVarouza View Post
    I can't tell what the difference is from the pics. Can anyone explain?
    Normal lever belt the lever is screwed into one end, which has several hole options for varying tightness. It then attached to the looped end which has one option, then you pull the lever tight. So to adjust the tightness you need to unscrew the lever bracket and move it to the next hole.

From what I gather on this belt they have the lever bracket screwed into the belt with the varying hole options on the loop so you can easily choose which level of tightness to"hook"the lever onto.

If that about right?

And I also want one. Being sbd they'll no doubt lock in ipf approval soon
    Last edited by Simon Rest; 05-21-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Ummmh, well... they have come out and said that the price will be over 130 british pounds. We could be looking at a belt that would be over $200...

starting strength coach development program
    It'll probably turn out like $300 AUD here then. Might as well get a custom Wahlander for that kind of price. Or a custom Pioneer for half that.

And yeah, its big advantage over a traditional lever is that the SBD lever can be adjusted without unscrewing anything. Talking to a guy on reddit, I appears I might be wrong and it's some sort of aluminium alloy casting. What kind, I have no idea, still waiting on those details. Lets hope it's not cheap ass cheese grade.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast