starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check 260lbs second set

Default Squat form check 260lbs second set

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    This days training felt better then last fridays, the new squat shoes have really helped my depth i think but with that added depth i feel the challenge of the weight moving a slightly further distance. This set below felt pretty strong, but on the third and final set i had to cut it short to 4 reps as i felt i was about to fail. But i did hit one rep after a minute rest, i just needed to breathe. Also i'm feeling the grinding sticking point is starting to come where the hip hinge motion would start, is this normal?
    http://youtu.be/kHlPWXrFAUs

Nice.

Are you sure that you're staying tight enough? It is hard to tell from the video, but it looks like maybe you are still taking in that last breath as you go down for the 5th rep. Have you tried a belt?

Keep at it
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    Nice.

Are you sure that you're staying tight enough? It is hard to tell from the video, but it looks like maybe you are still taking in that last breath as you go down for the 5th rep. Have you tried a belt?

Keep at it
    T
    I'll have to try and see how it goes, i tried a belt a found for the last set and it was too small to fully squat with but the brace i felt when standing up just made the weight feel super light, like 135lbs. I'm looking into ordering one soon from bestbelts