starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift check please

Default Deadlift check please

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    1x5x305# front grip deadlift

http://youtu.be/Xvp_qpL71ao

Looks like you are flexing your knees at the top. Just extend your hips and lift your chest.

I wouldn't look up at the ceiling like you are doing. I know some people teach it that way, but Rip doesn't. Pick a spot on the floor about 12 feet away and look at it. It helps your balance. It looks like you are leading with your head.

1st rep: you jerk it off the floor and lose a bit of your back tightness. Think of squeezing it off the floor. Also, are you bouncing it off the floor on the subsequent reps?

They aren't terrible, but that's what I see.

Default Deadlift check

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    Looks like you are flexing your knees at the top. Just extend your hips and lift your chest.

I wouldn't look up at the ceiling like you are doing. I know some people teach it that way, but Rip doesn't. Pick a spot on the floor about 12 feet away and look at it. It helps your balance. It looks like you are leading with your head.

1st rep: you jerk it off the floor and lose a bit of your back tightness. Think of squeezing it off the floor. Also, are you bouncing it off the floor on the subsequent reps?

They aren't terrible, but that's what I see.
    Thank you, I will work on that next deadlift set

Rip recommends to avoid a bounce. He says that much of the value of a set of deadlifts is lost when you do the bounce between reps, because that part of setting the back is most of the exercise, and you're missing it. Resetting every time your back on the foor is hard, but it is the proper technique in the long term, it gives you more control to perform all the reps the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    Rip recommends to avoid a bounce. He says that much of the value of a set of deadlifts is lost when you do the bounce between reps, because that part of setting the back is most of the exercise, and you're missing it. Resetting every time your back on the foor is hard, but it is the proper technique in the long term, it gives you more control to perform all the reps the same way.
    I appreciate the feedback guys
    We are here for all if us to keep improving.
    I hope next videos will be better
    Thanks