• CAP OB-86B

13 92.86%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogue beater bar or CAP OB-86B

Default Rogue beater bar or CAP OB-86B

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    So between these two bats which would you chose. I've read the other threads on these two, but it has just left me more confused. If it wasn't for the 31 diameter in question on the rogue I'd just get the rogue. But that diameter has me worried,I don't have very large hands.

Thanks,

Easy. The CAP bar. The beater bar is 31mm, which means it's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    So between these two bats which would you chose. I've read the other threads on these two, but it has just left me more confused. If it wasn't for the 31 diameter in question on the rogue I'd just get the rogue. But that diameter has me worried,I don't have very large hands.

Thanks,
    Get the CAP. It's more useful and costs less money. No question.

Or save up a few more bucks and spring for the B&R. It's a better bar, but costs more money.

OPB is a hair cheaper than the B&R, but pretty useless for the fast lifts, and the knurling hurts the delicate skin on my supple, buttery, feminine hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    If it wasn't for the 31 diameter in question on the rogue I'd just get the rogue.
    Thanks,
    Don't do that. Rogue makes lots of good stuff, but not everything plastered with their name is good. A lot of it is just overpriced carp with good marketing. A 31 mm bar is going to be overpriced crap with an R on it.

I wish I could wipe that name off a bunch of my gear. Even when it is high quality, I feel like a sucker for having ROGUE written all over the gym: a bench, two bars, bar rack, ring straps, collars, some bumpers, . . . Enough. At least my rack is a knock off.

I have the Cap and the Ohio. The new (2015) phosphate (?) coating on the CAP is something special, really grippy even outside of the knurling. The knurling is also better for deadlifts (but a little harsh for cleans. I had big shaved patches on my thighs from the Cap.) There is some grit in one of the sleeves on my Cap. The spin sucks. I'm going to rebuild it . . . But I don't regret buying it. If I had bought the Cap before the Ohio, I don't think I would have bought the Ohio, at least not out of need. Curiosity, maybe. . . .

Watch the price. It will come back down to $127 soon, not that $148 is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    Rogue makes lots of good stuff, but not everything plastered with their name is good. A lot of it is just overpriced carp with good marketing.
    Yeah right. Name one single thing Rogue makes that's just overpriced marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    In b4 wheelbarrow

Thanks guys,

Happy I did this thread after all.
    The cap barbell it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by hollismb View Post
    Can't think of any.

That reminds me.

starting strength coach development program

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast