starting strength gym

Thread: Quick question

MisterT Guest

Default Quick question

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    So I had an appendectomy two months ago and doctor says I'm in the clear to get back to training.

Last Tuesday I fucked around a little to see where I'm at. (All numbers in KG)

I lost like 5 KG bodyweight, sitting at 90.
    100x5 squat was heavy as fuck.
    120x5 deadlift was a fucking nightmare.

What the fuck do I do?

Reboot linear progression?

Get back to TM?

For reference here's my last thread right before I got the operation.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ue-little.html

My maxes were:

140x2 Squat.
    140x6 Deadlift.

What weights should I start with?

Help me, Coachbros.

Sooooo frustrated.

Re-do your linear progression. The bad part? You have to start light. The good part? It won't take as long, or be as difficult at going through the first time. Also, you get to add more weight to the bar every workout. Welcome back.

MisterT Guest

Thanks, coach.

One question:

How light, exactly?

Dunno. Embarrassingly light. Your first workout will feel terrible and will make you sore. Things will get better from there. Going to heavy on your first workout will leave you terribly sore. It is the excessive soreness that you want to avoid.

I'm a couple of months back into lifting after breaking my collarbone and having it screwed back together. I had to go back to the empty bar. I did a couple of sessions with the bar just to give me the confidence that everything was attached, then felt around for starting weights, erring on the side of caution. Disheartening at first, but I'm up to 242/183/275 and loving it. Weight on the bar every workout is so much fun, and form is better than ever. Don't worry about it.

MisterT Guest

Got it.

Thanks, coachbro.

MisterT Guest

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Wilding View Post
    I'm a couple of months back into lifting after breaking my collarbone and having it screwed back together. I had to go back to the empty bar. I did a couple of sessions with the bar just to give me the confidence that everything was attached, then felt around for starting weights, erring on the side of caution. Disheartening at first, but I'm up to 242/183/275 and loving it. Weight on the bar every workout is so much fun, and form is better than ever. Don't worry about it.
    Thanks, bro.

Good luck man, pretty good numbers.