Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tuchscherer Interview

Default Mike Tuchscherer Interview

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    The latest Starting Strength Series video is now up: Mike Tuchscherer

Video

Excited to watch this one. Mike seems like a real nice/smart guy, not to mention insultingly strong.

awesome! Been waiting for this one!

Awesome timing. I just watched his video on his deadlift cue to reinforce a good back position: squeeze your shoulders toward your pockets to "lock down" the lats. What are your thoughts on this, Rip?

Quote Originally Posted by notetcetera View Post
    Awesome timing. I just watched his video on his deadlift cue to reinforce a good back position: squeeze your shoulders toward your pockets to "lock down" the lats. What are your thoughts on this, Rip?
    We don't use that cue.

Lots of advice and insight in the video almost everyone should be able to apply to their own training.
    Quick question about programming centered around percentages of a max. From what you said in the video it sounds like 5/3/1 is exactly the type of programming you dislike. Would you say that is accurate? Not trying to stir up any shit just asking for your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by notetcetera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We don't use that cue.
    I know people ask as a sign of respect, and notecetera is not the first or only person to ask, but why don't people just try these cues out for themselves? Why are people so afraid of trying/learning/failing? Some of them work fine, some work like ass. And the ones that don't work for me might work for you. The SS model is a toolbox to help you get strong. You can put a couple of different tools in your box if you need too.

Rant over.

Excellent video!

Even more impressed with Mike T than I was previously after watching this. Confirmed his thoughtfulness and maturity. Going to his seminar this weekend, this upload was excellent timing.

Really enjoyed the interview. RTS sounds like a very useful way to approach training for more advanced lifters.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    why don't people just try these cues out for themselves? Why are people so afraid of trying/learning/failing?
    This is how most of the best stuff gets created. I can only imagine the trial and error that went into the eventual creation of the SS system, which I can only imagine is still being experimented with and tweaked every day in one way or another.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast