starting strength gym

Thread: Golfers Elbow Follow up

Default Golfers Elbow Follow up

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I posted a thread awhile back about an issue I'm getting with golfers elbow from squats:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...t=44815&page=3

I finally managed to see a coach at www.gardinerathletics.com. I also managed to get a speeding ticket on the way back. So there's that.

Coach had me go through Volume day, to get some idea of what's happened under weight, and he also had me try some shoulder dislocations.

Basically he said when I start my warmups under the bar, my grip is a total mess, but by the time I get to work sets, my grip ends up in ok position, so that's good.

When I get into the hole, my elbows drop, and I lose some upper body tightness.

The best guess at this point is for me to do many many more shoulder dislocations and get some shoulder mobility. I'm severely lacking on that and even just being told to do it between sets helped out my form. I'm also going to lay off pull-ups and cleans until it heals.

I have to say it was awesome to be in a black iron gym and interact with a SSCA.
    Here's my elbows dropping and me getting a cue to keep them up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLB5c...DAGEmyWeGdArwQ

Peter is a good dude and he's got a very nice gym. Good choice.

I'm hoping to get there for a workout here and there when I have time. Awesome atmosphere. I was working with Stephen, didn't get to meet Peter yet.