starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prowling in a residential area?

Default Prowling in a residential area?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Able to buy my Prowler this paycheck, and after reading through the prowling thread from July in the Q&A forum, I'm wondering if I'll be okay doing it on my street. I know it makes a fair amount of noise on concrete/asphalt, but is it any more intrusive than a lawnmower? Has anyone had any complaints about using their Prowler on a residential street?

It's much less annoying than a lawnmower. Just don't do it when people are sleeping, and the worst that will happen is you'll get weird looks from your fat fuck neighbors.

Another potential option is to push it in grass. It is a bit harder, so you'll have to adjust the load accordingly, but obviously much quieter. I havent had any issues with it tearing up my yard either, which was my primary concern, but it has been a very dry year. Not sure how much damage it would do on wet grass.

I say just use it on your street. I don't which one you're planning to get, but some have plastic ski. There's all kinds of neighbors out there, and some just complain for the sake of it. I read post on forums all the time talking about people working out in the garage and it bugs the neighbors.. so even if it wasn't bothering someone, sometimes people just complain from seeing something.

I use mine on grass at a local park - no weight added, it's enough as is until I'm a lot fitter. No damage to the grass unless the ground is too soft

We push our prowler on asphalt in front of the gym every single day. We also drag the sled. We don't have any kind of plastic/other coverings on it, and there are no marks on the asphalt at all after over one year of pushing it.

This thread title is deceptively creepy. I was about to reach out to NBC to get Chris Hansen on this.

To actually answer your question with some relevence... I don't think it would be that obnoxious. Give it a shot and see if someone says anything. If they do, there is always the grass as others suggested.

I've done it in the street in the suburbs at my friends house. And also in my old apartment parking lot. No complaints. However, a young girl was texting and didn't see the prowler sitting slightly to the left and behind my car which was parked on the side of the street. She ran it over and got a flat tire. lol. Prowler was fine, one of the bars got a little bent but not more than probably 5 degrees or so. The thing spun out into my car and my car got a little dent. So I guess moral of the story is keep it well out of the street or maybe use an orange cone to block off your area and make it more visible.

Our street is super busy and cars park all down both sides of the road so I use it in the yard as long as the grass is dry. If the grass is wet and I want a prowler session I will load is up with a shit ton of weight and push it across my garage with the high handles and then push it back with the low handles. The prowler only moves about 15 feet each way but I have had it loaded with 350 pounds and pushing it 15 feet with the low handles is no fucking joke. We have a soccer field at the front of the neighborhood with a gravel parking lot. As soon as soccer season is over I will probably start loading it up in the truck and use it there.

starting strength coach development program
    ...after reading through the prowling thread from July in the Q&A forum, I'm wondering if I'll be okay doing it on my street... is it any more intrusive than a lawnmower? Has anyone had any complaints... on a residential street?
    ...at a local park
    ...sometimes people just complain from seeing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoye View Post
    I've done it in the street in the suburbs at my friends house. And also in my old apartment parking lot. No complaints. However, a young girl was texting and didn't see the prowler sitting slightly to the left and behind my car which was parked on the side of the street.
    Yes John Tony, definitely call Chris Hansen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast