starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What contributes more to the power lifter pot belly, squat or deadlift.

Default What contributes more to the power lifter pot belly, squat or deadlift.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I was talking to J cutler the bodybuilder. He said a lot of guys stay away from some lifts cause it will grow their core in a way non conducive to good stage performance. I'd like to know which will grow a bigger torso so i can put more intensity and volume into the one that isn't going to bulk up my belly so much in my next block of training.

My next question is how many days a week of intense weight training must be used to maintain intermediate strength while an athlete works on other qualities. Like fat loss, speed or power work. leasiure activities like swimming, biking or jogging and or starting a new job that is labor intense?

I haven't heard that practical programming included a section on how to maintain your strength under different circumstances. Like starting a new job where you will be physically worked. A job where you travel a lot thus on should focus on 1-2 days heavy weights while using the time on the road to include things like jogging or swimming in a hotel pool.

I should have my old training partner back between nov and feb. At that point i'd like to train to be more well rounded. Better asthetics, regain strength, plus mobility and endurance work. Swimming or biking.

You are truly a fool. A moron. One of the least effective trolls on this board. You are slow, torpid, and dull. I know you have a job you hate, one that requires very little of anyone doing it, due primarily to your qualifications for such work. Your personal relationships are even less satisfying, and probably resemble the interaction you will get from this thread. You bore us all. Please go away. PLEASE.

Please leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are truly a fool. A moron. One of the least effective trolls on this board. You are slow, torpid, and dull. I know you have a job you hate, one that requires very little of anyone doing it, due primarily to your qualifications for such work. Your personal relationships are even less satisfying, and probably resemble the interaction you will get from this thread. You bore us all. Please go away. PLEASE.
    Careful Rip, Richie is a dangerous man. He's stabbed me for less than what you just wrote.

When I met Jordan for the first time, I was distracted by his pot belly. Really distracting it was.

I am not bored, Rip. I like the idea that "athletes" with HGH guts stay away from basic barbell exercises because it thickens their core.

I nominate this post for the Starting Strength Newletter.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I was talking to J cutler the bodybuilder.
    All the rest aside, that's really cool. Whatever you think of bodybuilding, it's interesting to get to talk to someone at the top of their field. What were the circumstances for this?

(By the way, it's Jay Cutler.)

starting strength coach development program
    You think J cutler the bodybuilder was actually talking to this moron?

(Sorry for the delay in approving this. I was on the phone with Dick Cheney.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast