starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad squats you have seen.

Default Bad squats you have seen.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    I registered here a few weeks back but i havent really felt compelled to post anything. That was until i witnessed the most incredibly bad squats i have ever seen in my life at the gym i work at. I thought you all might like to hear it.
    A puffed up kid on the vitamins set up the bar with 135lbs and a cushion for his poor skin. He then proceeded to squat down and jump as high as he possibly could! Now if that wasnt enough he then put a bench underneath him and then dropped down as fast as he could, slamming his ass on to the bench and then jumped as high as he possibly could again! He did this over and over and over. After that he did lunges by slamming his knees into the ground each rep.
    Thats it really.

Paul you should check out the Ends & Pieces subforum here on the site and read the "Joined a new gym last night..." thread. Good stuff in there.

that thread is the best, i swear ive read at least 40 pages of it.

Blah. I was warming up once, on the way down I hit a pin. I then proceeded to half step backwards, very shaky and fast, until I was out of the squat rack. I did not stop until I ran into the leg press machine, which is when I finally dropped the bar and fell down.

what the...

Quote Originally Posted by the dio View Post
    what the...
    I know.. the pin is about half a foot long, and I forgot to remove the lower ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RobCor View Post
    Paul you should check out the Ends & Pieces subforum here on the site and read the "Joined a new gym last night..." thread. Good stuff in there.
    Guess my post was too subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Hendrix View Post

Yeah, I've seen some bad squats. Sadly, it was while reviewing my own squat form.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCor View Post
    Thanks man i will check it out. I love working at a gym and seeing all the train wrecks all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast