starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You and your goddamned liquor.

Default You and your goddamned liquor.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Most impressive, sir.

You should start doing reviews of some of these fine spirits, especially the less common ones.
    I'd be quite interested to hear what some of these new distilleries are doing.

I find it hard to make up silly descriptions out of thin air, like the critics do. "A hint of truffle, saddle, cassis, and tobacco haunt this bracing rye. Spicy, yet teasingly elusive, its finish warms long and persistently, with a nose soft as a bulldog's butt."

Maybe I can do this.

You have several bourbons listed that are not from Kentucky (Colorado, Kali, and Mass). I thought to use the word bourbon, it had to be produced in KY? No?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I find it hard to make up silly descriptions out of thin air, like the critics do. "A hint of truffle, saddle, cassis, and tobacco haunt this bracing rye. Spicy, yet teasingly elusive, its finish warms long and persistently, with a nose soft as a bulldog's butt."

Maybe I can do this.
    I had to wipe away some tears for thar one. If you don't become a critic at least write some poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe I can do this.
    If you do, could you start with number 33 please?

I've got a feeling it'll read like the reviews on Amazon for Veet for Men Hair Removal Creme.

How is the Dead Guy Whiskey? DG Ale fits my taste but, was unaware Rogue had a distillery.

I know those words are english, but when you put them together like that, I get all confused. LIke is it a english, old english or american bulldog?

Soft as a bulldog's butt indeed. I suggest it only as you have an obvious passion for whisk(e)y, and sources I trust claim your knowledge in the area is quite expansive. That and your minimal tolerance for silly bullshit make you an excellent potential author on the subject.

In your expansive free time, of course.

Also, I think you (and many other folks here) might enjoy playing with this site: http://www.whiskyblender.com/index.php? which allows you to blend your own Scotch. There's two downsides to it, that I can see.
    One, they keep their sources whiskys secret (though one knowledgeable enough about Scottish distillers could figure it out, probably), and two, it's a rather expensive experiment. I haven't been able to try it yet, but there's maybe some folks here who have and can comment on it.

You should do the world a service and create a rating/ranking system using objective descriptions. Make it similar to steak with rare, medium and well. We all know what a rare-well steak is (or we should). Only instead of rare, call it vodka, medium, call it _______, well done call it cheap rotgut.

"This scotch is a vodka Bushmills."

Or somethign like that.

starting strength coach development program
    Thatīs a very nice collection Mr. Rippetoe! Have you tasted other brands of Aquevit? As a norwegian i have to say that the Danish types can be a bit boring. If you enjoy a bit more spice and taste thereīs a great range of Norwegian products to consider, if you can get our hands on them. I also noticed the "moonshine" bottles in your collection. Do people still produce/drink moonshine in Texas? Over here it is a vanishing culture, but still kept alive in certain areas. 90-96% alchohol mixed with black coffee i guess is the most traditional way of drinking. Really good if you can handle it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast