starting strength gym

Thread: End of DST and your training

Default End of DST and your training

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, everyone.

I was wondering if any of you all have been suffering the ill effects of the recent time change, Arizona excepted. My training is definitely negatively effected by this. I just don't feel "right" at all and no matter how much I sleep, I still feel tired when I wake up. Anyways, I realize it will go away as the body adapts but I was wondering if any of you feel it at all or to some varying degree.

I feel gloriously better now. I had been having some sleep problems and being dark longer before I go to bed makes me sleepier at night. I'm loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    I feel gloriously better now. I had been having some sleep problems and being dark longer before I go to bed makes me sleepier at night. I'm loving it!
    I'm glad you are. I can't wait till my adjustment period ends. It's really frustrating at times.

Just think of this as a mental toughness training period. I had one of those a few weeks ago. They are almost more useful than easy strength gains in the long run.

You'll most likely adjust in no time. Until then, persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by BCS View Post
    Just think of this as a mental toughness training period. I had one of those a few weeks ago. They are almost more useful than easy strength gains in the long run.

You'll most likely adjust in no time. Until then, persevere.
    Actually, today was a great workout. I had to reset my squat this week, previous to today's session and it felt great. But my Bench was solid, stronger than the previous this week, and I set a PR on my power clean. I did 5 sets across with my previous 1RM. So hopefully I'm adjusted now.